So one of the things I was most excited about when we moved into our town-home, is that we have a yard! Now, I can't do a TON of changes to the yard (because we are renters) but Jake and I have been brainstorming ways to try our hands at gardening. Imagine my delight when my awesome husband even said he'd try to build a raised garden bed for me! We are still talking out the details regarding that, but in the meantime, I have bought some pots and started planting!
Tonight, I planted basil, green peppers and chives. I also have bought some tomato plants, squash, cucumbers, and green onion seeds. I ran out of potting soil so I'll be getting more of that this weekend, but I'm so excited to try this! I even started a notebook where I'm recording when I planted stuff and when it starts coming up/growing veggies (nerd, I know!) But that way, I'll be able to learn for future years when I can have my very own, huge, backyard garden!
So we'll see if I end up having a green thumb- I really hope I do, along with lots of fresh veggies to cook with! YAY! I'm so pumped!


I'm officially jealous! I would LOVE to have any sort of garden, but Cole and I both feel it would be a tad overwhelming to add anything to our plate right now. But, someday. I keep telling him when we are retired we are going to have one. Lol, that's planning ahead if I have ever heard of it ;)
ReplyDelete