Monday, April 23, 2012

A word for Monday and the week ahead...


I can't remember where I read this, but I have it hand written on a piece of notebook paper that stares at me from my bathroom mirror. 

The spiritual woman does not fret and flap over opportunities missed, does not hammer herself for not working hard enough, and does not have a panic attack wondering whether she has received grace in vain. She lives in quiet confidence that God is working in her by day and by night. The woman knows that she has her full measure of work to do, but she realizes that the outcome rests with God and that the decisive factor is unearned grace. Thus she works as if everything depends on God and prays as if everything depends on her. Because she has learned that the only way to fail in prayer is not to show up.

Have a blessed week everyone!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Just read this now, but wish I had sooner! That is pretty great :)

    ReplyDelete