You know one thing that I want to be intentional about this
year? It's to NOT be busy. As 2012 kick starts, I'm still enjoying the
"new year" feel. I love dreaming about what this year holds and all
the fun we are going to have. Oh our schedule will be full and I'll collapse on
the couch like I always do when I have a free minute at the end of one hectic
day (or rather week) and I'll enjoy the moment of not being busy filled
to the brim. But at the end of the craziness each day and each week and
eventually each year, I want to see it all as opportunities- not busyness. I
feel like our natural response to everyone is "Oh I have been SO
busy!" and it totally robs the joy and gratefulness that each day bring. I
say it probably every single day. It's one of my favorite words. And as I
learned from this post, we as human beings equate busyness to worth. We feel
like we are accomplishing something, that we are worthwhile and an important
contributor to our world and those around us when we are busy. But what if we could
do all that without the negative connotation? That's going to be my challenge
this year for myself. And it all stems from what God has been doing to my heart
since reading this:
I want my entire perspective to change this year. I want to
be thankful for every single thing, no matter if I'm running around about to
pull my hair out or if I'm enjoying a quiet moment of nothing. It's in the
nothing and in the stillness that God speaks and frankly, I haven't had that in
a while. And I'm in desperate need of it. So no more BUSY in 2012. Maybe full,
maybe crazy, maybe scary at times, but everything is an opportunity that I
don't want to be too busy to miss.


No comments:
Post a Comment