Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year 2012

There is no event so common place but that God is present within it, always hidden, always leaving you room to recognize Him or not to recognize Him.” - Fredrick Buechner

I love the beginning of a new year. Something about setting goals, starting fresh, beginning anew... but at the same time I'm always nostalgic about saying goodbye to the year behind.

This year as the clock got closer to midnight I looked at Jake seated next to me, in the middle of a huge party, and said, "I'm kinda sad! We'll never have another 2011!"

 2011 was SO huge for us. On one hand we are so glad that it is over, that we are married, that we have transitioned through everything. But on the other hand, we saw God do so many amazing things in 2011 and the year was so FULL that I can't help but be sad letting it go. We moved homes, moved cities, got engaged, got married, both changed jobs, went to Hawaii, Uganda, and Florida, when we weren't going back and forth from Oklahoma to Texas to Colorado. This year was a whirlwind and yet it was so exciting. One we will remember for the rest of our lives.

But with that goodbye, we say hello to 2012 and all that it entails. We are so excited about what this next year holds and if it is anywhere near what 2011 was, we are totally in for the ride of our lives! Can’t wait to see what God has up His sleeve for us!

Finally, we brought in the New Year with a Blake Shelton concert (guest appearance by Miranda Lambert (his girl!) and Kelly Clarkson!!!), stayed the night at WinStar, and then drove the rest of the way to OKC to celebrate with friends! 



We got to hold and meet 4 day old Lydia who made her appearance into this world almost 3 weeks early! And spent the actual NYE at Price's house, hanging with a bunch of friends, eating WAY too much as we brought in the New Year. It was a great weekend and SO good to see some OKC friends that we miss so much!

So sweet!


I love it when he holds babies!
Happy New Year! May your 2012 be blessed!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that quote you used at the beginning of this post! Looks like you had an awesome NYE-looks like a fun concert. I hope your 2012 is every bit as good and full of blessings as your 2011.

    ReplyDelete