Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The to-do list

So we’ve been able to check off some HUGE things off our wedding to-do list and with less than 3 months to go (oh. my. goodness.) it's been really nice to put a check mark next to some of these things:
Church - check
Reception Site (the family dinner) - check
Rehearsal Dinner Site- check
Bridesmaid Dresses- check
My Dress- check
Flowers- check
Photographer for the wedding - check
Engagement Pictures - double check
Honeymoon - check

I'm going to explain most of these with pictures, as I think that's sooo much more fun than going into all the thoughts and details behind the decisions. But for the most part, just realize that I am soooo blessed to have my mother (who's profession is actually Wedding Coordinating! I've been to 100s of weddings since I was a little girl..I know... I'm SOOO lucky to have her!) and we have been going non-stop wedding planning for the last month and a half!

The Church: Faith E Free in FOCO

The Reception Site (the family dinner) : 

(I haven't been too picky about things but I REALLY wanted this place for the mountain view)

The Rehearsal Dinner Site:



Pretty excited about this place too.... wanted it in Estes Park so the Texas folk could enjoy the mountains

Bridesmaid Dresses: The Limited



And the best part about this dress: THE PRICE! With coupons, some of my girls got it for around $50... pretty happy about that! And it's mailed and received in only a week so they have been able to take it back to exchange sizes or get alterations without any time pressure!

My Dress: NO PICTURES can be seen at this time :)

Flowers: We are using Jordan's in FOCO and they have great prices! I'm pretty excited about my ALL WHITE bouquets and here's some examples of all white bouquets I've been looking at online:

Wedding Photographer: Clayton Jenkins
Check him out! Being excited about having him as our photographer is an understatement! He has been awesome to work with already and I know will make the BIG DAY unbelievable. We even went over our photography budget for him because I was so impressed with his work. I just know that when it's all said and done, the photos and the memories will be all that we are left with to remember the special day. Therefore, I wanted an AWESOME photographer and believe Clayton and his wife are a great choice!

Engagement Pics: Can't wait to show you in an upcoming post!

Honeymoon: H-A-W-A-I-I baby! And of course, there will probably be an entire post just about this amazing place we get to go to! So excited!

So there you have it... the big check marks so far. So much left to do, but I feel great with this big stuff settled! If anyone has any wedding advice, ideas, or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm getting so excited for you! I'm jealous you are having such a short engagement. That would be one thing I would have changed about ours for sure. Being engaged a full year was NOT fun!
    We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon too and it was GORGEOUS, the best vacation we have ever been on! What island are you going to?

    ReplyDelete