More of what I've been thankful for lately. But with lots of iphone pics this time! :)
1. So thankful for my job (as always) which allows me to travel. May 2nd-5th we went to Southern Cali for the Summit conference, which is a national orphan conference that brings attention to adoption, foster care and global orphan care. This was one of our displays and these are the children I LOVE... just missing 65 other faces that I cherish just as much. Too bad we couldn't display them all!
2. This book. I took it to the lake last weekend and couldn't read it because I kept getting so emotional! I've decided I can only read this when I'm alone now :) It's been awesome!
3. Fishing! I'm a CO girl and love fly fishing but here in the great state of TX, we catfish. Yup, it's a little different :) But we have really picked it up this summer and Jake and I really look forward to it whenever we go. Taking my Mom and Dad (yay!!!!) to the lake this weekend and Dad loves to fish, so excited to show him the Southern way. This bad boy I caught about a month ago (and no biggie- it was just the biggest catch of the day! ha!)
4. Jake would kill me if he saw this, but I had to put it up! He is SO good at this "I Love You B/C.." thing and it melts my heart! We trade off writing something on the chalk board and it really brings a smile to our faces every time! Thank you Court for the idea.... I saw it first on your blog and now I've seen a bunch of people do it. So cute!
5. Starbucks. Enough said. My drink of choice? Peppermint white mocha. LOVE.
6. Pizza and cheesy bread. I know it's super healthy :) I introduced this fine meal to the little girl I babysit and now every time I watch her she wants "Cheessssy bread!!!" And I don't argue :)
7. More food, I know. I usually take these pics to make Jake jealous of an awesome meal I'm having. These black beans are the best things ever! I learned how to cook them in the crockpot all day and then I freeze the entire batch. We LOVE them! Eat them with anything Mexican and love them in the morning in our breakfast burritos... another plus? They taste better with age. Crazy huh? But the last ones we just pulled out of the freezer are to die for! Oh and the salsa in PW's. Amazing.
8. For these two cuties. This is Jake and our niece Joley. Love this picture of them!
9. For my sister that came to town! We had such a great weekend at the lake with everyone and I got caught up on some much needed sister time! It had def been too long! And thank you guys for the sweet comments... YES! Sisters the best!! Now to just get her to move down here... :)










I must try that Starbucks drink! Loved this post, so happy! Oh and yes I only read Bloom in private, J was always like, Are you crying again!! Yes again. :) So glad you had a good time with you sis!
ReplyDeleteI love posts like these, yes you are right! You DO have a lot to be thankful for!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love our "I Love You Because..." board too, we have so much fun with it and it always brings a smile to my face when Jeremy writes on it.