Ok so I know there's a lot of emotions surrounding this special, little player pictured above, and even some people I know personally aren't huge fans. But the question that keeps playing in my mind is "HOW COULD YOU NOT BE?!?!"
This Broncos season has been such an awesome one to watch! Growing up a Denver fan, we haven't had a lot of magic since the Elway days. I can confidently say that I would be a Tebow NFL fan even if he wasn't a Bronco, but the fact that he plays for my home team, just makes it so much more exciting! Even my husband (Mr. Dallas Cowboys and Sooner fan) has led the excitement around our home. He is the first one to google the game (yea we don't get much coverage here in Dallas) and then plugs the laptop into our TV so we can view the game on the big screen. It's been such a blast! This last Sunday when the Broncos beat the Bears, we were even betting on the game...(Jake has to make dinner now by the way) and were screaming and jumping up and down once overtime arrived. It's just really made Sundays even more fun around our house!
But what I really want to talk about is Tebow himself. I've listened to the interviews and I've heard the ESPN guys talk. Both positive and negative. And I can actually see how Tebow could get annoying to non believers. To be honest, I have found myself flinch a little at the blunt, honest, "in your face" spiritual comments Tebow has made and then I find myself ashamed. Really? As a Christian, isn't this exactly how we should make a stance, vocally and unashamed? How exciting that we have a man who is willing to take the heat for what he knows is the truth, especially in the spot light. What a testimony! And of course we can also talk about just how much fun he is to watch on the field playing the game of football. No one has ever seen anything like it.
Jake has kept me busy reading Tebow articles and watching ESPN.. we both get excited to hear what people have to say. And I loved this from a recent article I read:
"And I know, lastly, that the most important story here is not that Tebow and the Broncos are winning in dramatic fashion, but that the Lord seems to have worked in this man such that, though faced with unbelievable fame, major wealth, constant attention, and the classically all-American success story, Tebow seems only to want to talk about the gospel.
That, my friends, is the real miracle, and the work in which all of us---whether church planter, pipe-fitter, or homemaker---may participate."


I agree with this post COMPLETELY! Jeremy and I actually just watched a video last night with the recordings of him during the game on Sunday. He was singing worship songs while he warmed up and praying during almost every play. I told Jeremy, he might not be the best quarterback but he just has the best personality and faith I've ever seen from a professional athlete. I love him!
ReplyDelete